At Holiday Inn Auckland Airport we want family holidays to be a blast for everyone, including parents. Don’t let yourself be put off by horror stories of long haul flights with kids, we have the family friendly holiday destinations to sooth all your worry lines. At Holiday Inn Auckland Airport our Park, Stay & Go and our Kids Stay and Eat Free (conditions apply) offerings make family holidays that much easier . So what are you waiting for, try out one of these fun and family-friendly destinations.
For those who want their family holidays to be about exploring another culture, Osaka is for you. Known as the ‘Nation’s Kitchen’ it is a city alive with culture, food and shopping.
Must visit attractions for families include:
- Osaka Castle, one of Japan’s most famous sites built in the 1500’s.
- The neighborhood of Shinsekai, where the family will be blown away by the bright colours and winding laneways.
- Laugh and scream a day away at Universal Studios and don’t forget to stop by the Osaka Aquarium.
- Take a drive or catch one of the famous Shinkansen – Bullet trains – to Nara. Feed the deer at Nara Park – but remember to tuck your fingers in your pockets when you run out of food to avoid wandering deer teeth.
Keep pace with Mumbai
From the moment you touch down in India’s most cosmopolitan city you and your family will realise that it runs at a different pace to the rest of the world. Nothing to do but jump right in.
- For some off-key singing – or maybe a member of your family has the vocals of Whitney Housten, we don’t know – serious laughs and delicious food visit The Little Door cafe.
- Do a little social media boasting and get a culture hit at the Elephant Caves a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Take your family to visit the beautiful Haji Ali Dargah, one of the cities most recognised landmarks.
Singapore is a melting pot of cuisines and cultures all packed onto one tiny island, great for family holidays.
- Kids and adults alike will love the experience and history attached to taking a traditional Bumboat Ride along the Singapore River.
- Visit Mega- Adventure Zipline for some friendly or not so friendly family competition.
- Get your family Jurassic Park adventure on – without the life threatening elements – and enjoy a Night Safari Tour.
- Visit Garden’s by the Bay for some family horticultural enlightenment.
Relax in the Maldives
If you and your family just need a break, a lazy, do nothing but overindulge in food, sun and sand with a little tropical activity thrown in then the Maldives is for you.
- Overflowing with family activities, choose from Turtle Point Reef Snorkelling, or get distantly acquainted with Malé tubing across the crystal clear blue waters.
- Take the whole family on a boat tiki tour of the islands making special note to stop at Himmafushi Island– a favourite for a touch of surfing with the locals.
- Enjoy the colours and tastes of local fruit at the Malé fruit markets .
- Make sure to keep a evening spare for some sunset dining with a traditional Maldivian Barbeque. Sounds pretty good to us.
Escape to Bangkok
The cities heartbeat is a mixture of vibrancy and chaos, from traditional humble street markets bustling with locals, to supermalls designed to imitate airport terminals, each floor taking you to a different country.
- Take the family to the world’s largest outdoor museum, The Ancient City, and immerse the family in Thai’s cultural heritage.
- Visit a night Bazaar at the New Rot Fai Market Ratchada, from antiques to delicious food the market will impress everyone from the biggest to the littlest members of your family.
- Take in Dinosaur Park and step back in time with 200 life size dinosaurs. There is so much on offer for a family holiday.